JAZECOAT – AR is a system consists of JAZEGARD SN 70 as primer and JAZECOAT
– AR as topcoat.
JAZEGARD SN 70 is first defense stabilizing primer that is based on a blend of selected silane –
siloxane, selected solvent carrier for more penetration and modifiers. It is a reactive primer that
is capable of producing a chemically-bound hydrophobic barrier: thus inhibiting the passage of
water & waterborne salts and at the same time enable the substrate to breath. It contains
chemical agents that does not support the growth of bacteria and at the same time is non-toxic.
JAZECOAT – AR is single component, acrylic-based, high-performance, elastomeric waterproofing
& protective coating for concrete & masonry substrates and suitable to be in contact with potable
water. It is suitable for applications for exterior & interior and vertical & horizontal substrates for
domestic & hospital applications. After application and full cure, it provides an elastomeric &
crack –bridging film that is UV & dirt-pick up resistance and protects atmospherically exposed
reinforced concrete from attack by acid gases, chloride ions, carbon dioxide oxygen and water &
waterborne salts, specially where there is a danger of subsequent cracks appearing within the
substrates. It contains agents which does not support the growth of bacteria. It is available in a
wide range of colours.
JAZECOAT – AR is formulated to be used as a waterproofing & decorative, decorative and
protective coating in:
▪ Protection atmospherically exposed reinforced concrete structures from attack by acid
gases, chloride ions, carbon dioxide, oxygen and water specially where there a danger
of subsequent crack appearing within the substrates.
▪ Decorative, protective and waterproof coating against water & water-borne salts.
▪ Hospitals and surgery rooms.
▪ As damp-proof membrane under or above floor screeds.
▪ As a part of waterproofing system beneath ground level.
▪ As protective & waterproof and weather proof coating
▪ Swimming pools & roof coating.
▪ Internal & exterior waterproofing and damp proofing concrete, and masonry substrates.
▪ Sealing and coating tie bar holes for water tightness.
▪ Foundation, bridges, and basement protection.
▪ Easy to apply by suitable brush or roller.
▪ Excellent adhesion to sound masonry substrates: porous and non-porous.
▪ Does not support the growth of bacteria.
▪ Excellent freeze/thaw resistance.
▪ Enables the cement-based substrates to breathe while waterproofing.
▪ Elastomeric with excellent elongation and recovery properties.
▪ Decorative and improves the surface appearance.
▪ Non-toxic, approved to be in contact with drinking water.
▪ Protects against waterborne salts (e.g. chlorides, Sulphate, etc.), atmospheric gases
and carbonation (1.8 mm of the cured film is equivalent to 150 mm of concrete)
▪ UV resistant
▪ Excellent barrier to carbon dioxide, chloride ions, oxygen and water.
▪ Dirt pick-up resistance.
Appearance Brushable consistency.
Specific Gravity @20 C 1.4
Solid Content 65 % by weight
Application temperature 5 – 50 C.
Time between recoating 4 – 6-hours.
Tensile Strength 2 N/ mm2
Water Vapour Diffusion resistance SD 0.11 m @ 400 DFT
Elongation (ASTM D-412) 550 – 600 %
Initial Surface Absorption (ISAT, BS 1881 Part 5) > 95 reduction against control
Carbon Dioxide Diffusion resistance
Equivalent thickness of air: Initial > 90 meters
After 2000 hours QUV > 90 meters
Crack- bridging 1.5-mm @ 400- DFT
Coverage 0.25 Kg / m2 per coat (3.5 m2
For the JAZEGARD SN 70, coverage is
about 12.5 – 13 m2
Health and Safety
Health & Safety
▪ JAZECOAT – AR is non-toxic, non-hazardous during handling, storage and use.
▪ For Ecology: Do not dispose directly to water or soil. Mix with plenty amount of sand
before this to comply with the local regulations.
▪ Splashes on skin will be washed with water and soap.