JAZECOAT – ZINC PHOS is 2- component, solvented, epoxy resin-based zincPhosphate primer, which is formulated to provide active zinc – phosphate system able
to combat corrosion via electro-chemical method. It provides steel protection against
water – soluble salts such as chloride and aggressive media. It is based on selected
epoxy resin, special polyamide hardeners, selected carrier solvents and metallic zinc
JAZECOAT ZINC PHOS is formulated to be used as anti-corrosion primer protective
coating for steel and metal surfaces in:
▪ Pipelining and sewage treatment plants.
▪ Steel structures in aggressive media.
▪ Manhole covers and drains.
▪ Primer for protecting concrete steel reinforcement.
▪ Primers to steel surfaces prior to over-coating.
▪ As a part of concrete repairing package.
▪ Easy to apply by suitable brush or roller.
▪ Provides positive protection: active zinc-phosphate system that able to combat
corrosion via electro-chemical method.
▪ Shorter recoating time
▪ Highly durable and corrosion resistance.
▪ Excellent impact resistance.
▪ Excellent adhesion to steel substrates.
▪ Chemical resistant to water, water-born salts.
▪ Long term protection.
▪ Formulated to be suitable for the Middle East Climates.
Appearance Grey or Red
Specific Gravity @20 C 1.35
Volume Solids 75 %
Tack free time 90 minutes @ 25 C
60 minutes @ 35 C
Recoat time 2 – hours @ 25 C
1 – hour @ 35 C
Dry film thickness 85 to 200 microns
Dry film thickness 50 to 150 microns
Coverage About 5 – 6 m2 per liter/ 150 microns
Health and Safety
Health & Safety
▪ JAZECOAT – AR is non-toxic, non-hazardous during handling, storage and use.
▪ For Ecology: Do not dispose directly to water or soil. Mix with plenty amount of sand
before this to comply with the local regulations.
▪ Splashes on skin will be washed with water and soap.