Water-based, Hydrolysis – resistant, Waterproof Modifier for Hydraulic
JAZELATEX is water-based, non-ionically stabilized, hydrolysis –resistant dispersion of
carboxylated styrene butadiene copolymer. It contains antioxidant and is compatible
with most hydraulic binders. It is formulated to modify in common applications including:
waterproofing & mineral sealing slurries, repair & patching mortar, rendering, flooring,
bonding and as cement – based adhesive. After curing, it does not re-emulsify and the
cured materials will not be affected by water.
JAZELATEX is formulated as a high performance emulsion to improve all
physical & mechanical properties of cement-based composition in:
▪ Waterproofing mineral sealing slurries.
▪ Waterproof repairing & patching mortars.
▪ Waterproofing renders and abrasion resistant lining.
▪ Floor screed and toppings.
▪ Cement-based adhesives such as ceramic tiles adhesive & grouting.
▪ Waterproof masonry mortars
▪ Bonding new cement-based composition to existing one.
▪ Corrosion resistance for steel reinforcement.
▪ Excellent bond & adhesion.
▪ Improved chemical resistance.
▪ Improved resistance to cracking.
▪ Excellent waterproofing properties.
▪ Improved durability.
▪ Eliminates shrinkage and bleeding.
▪ Improves all physical and mechanical properties allowing to thin applications.
▪ Improved protection of background concrete against carbonation.
▪ It does not re-emulsify in the presence of water and in alkaline medium.
▪ Improved elasticity.
▪ Freeze-thaw stable.
▪ Improved abrasion resistance.
▪ Reduced W/C ratio and improved workability.
▪ Water-based, non-flammable, non-toxic and non-corrosive.
Appearance White milky liquid.
Specific Gravity @20 C 1.01 ± 0.05
pH value 7 – 8
Mechanical Properties The use of JAZELATEX with the mixing
water improves all mechanical properties of that mixes. The control mix consists of
OPC and sand in a ratio: 1:3 and W/C = 0.4 while JAZELATEX mix consists of the
same OPC / sand ratio but the mixing water is contains JAZELATEX in ratio 10 liters /
50 Kg cement and W/C ratio is 0.29. The following are the results after 28-days:
Property Control Mix JAZELATEX Mix
Compressive strength (N / mm2
) 28 40
Tensile Strength (N / mm2
) 3 5.50
Flexural Strength (N / mm2
) 6 12
Shrinkage during cure (%) 6 0.02
Adhesion Bond (N / mm2
) 3 25
Resistance to water vapour pressure
30-m head Excellent
Chemical resistance It resists diluted acids, alkalis, diluted
sugar solution, diluted lactic acid, etc.
Coverage It will be illustrated in applications
Health and Safety
Health & Safety
▪ JAZELATEX is water-based, non-flammable, non-toxic and non-hazardous
during handling, storage and use.
▪ For Ecology: Do not dispose directly to water or soil. Mix with plenty amount of
sand before this to comply with the local regulations.
▪ Splashes on skin will be washed with water and soap